Garage Door Spring Replacement
Highly-Rated Garage Door Experts
Professional Garage Door Spring Replacement in Flower Mound, TX
Your garage door relies on correctly sized springs to operate effectively. When a spring malfunctions, the door loses balance and becomes difficult to use due to weight. Broken springs are among the common garage door problems that homeowners face, and they always tend to happen at the worst possible time. At Meadows Garage Doors, we offer prompt, professional garage door spring replacement in Flower Mound, TX.
There are two major types of garage door springs: torsion and extension springs. Extension springs are usually located on top of the door. They expand when the door opens, providing a counterbalancing effect to support the entire door. Torsion springs use torque to support the door instead of extending or expanding. They are usually placed above the garage opening, where they slowly rotate and turn on the shaft once the force is applied.
Signs of a Broken Garage Door Spring
Your garage door spring can break down due to long-term wear and tear, extreme temperatures, corrosion, and lack of proper maintenance. When your spring breaks, the problem becomes apparent. Common signs of a garage door spring broken include:
- Broken or loose door cables
- The door goes up for a few inches and stops
- The door opens and immediately closes
- Gaps in the spring
- The door moves fast when going down
- The door opens crookedly
- Noisy operation
When your garage door spring breaks, it’s best not to attempt to use the door under these hazardous conditions. A garage door is very heavy and can cause extensive damage and severe injuries. Contact our garage door company for prompt repairs.
Benefits of Professional Garage Door Spring Services
Your garage door spring is a significant component of your door. Although you can repair or replace it yourself, several things can go wrong during the process. Even the most minor mistakes can shorten the life of your entire garage door system, create additional costly repairs, and even put you, your family, and your pets in danger. At Meadows Garage Doors, we perform garage spring repair, so you can be confident that your door will function flawlessly for years to come. Plus, we back all new springs with a warranty.
When you call our team for garage door services, you can be assured of:
- Replacement of both springs- Garage doors have two springs. If one of the springs breaks, the other is probably nearing the end of its service life too. We replace springs in pairs to guarantee a well-balanced door.
- Installation of the perfect springs- Garage doors come in different sizes, track configurations, and weights. These factors influence the type, size, and length of the spring. Our technicians will measure and install the correct springs for your needs. After the installation, we’ll perform a balance test to ensure the right springs have been used.
- Safety inspection- We know the importance of garage door safety. After replacing your springs, we’ll perform a careful safety inspection to make sure that all the moving parts and hardware of your door are well-lubricated and in perfect working condition.
We’re Ready Whenever You Need Us
When you schedule an appointment with us, our team will arrive at your home when expected in a fully stocked truck. This means that at each appointment, whether you need garage door torsion spring replacement, opener installation, or other garage door services, the required tools will be available. We don’t waste your time finding the issue, waiting for tools and parts, or planning any other services you may not need at that time. For more information or to request an appointment, schedule your appointment by calling us or completing our online contact form.